We spent the first week of Dal's month off in Vegas and had fun with our little family. Here is a list of things we did because that is the easiest way for me to organize sometimes.
1. We got to see the Taylors on their way from Cali to Idaho. They came over for dinner and we (per tradition) ate cinnamon rolls and played hearts. We love them and can't wait for Mexico with them next week!
2. Went running with all 4 of us. Perfect running weather there! We are currently in SLC where it is most definitely NOT perfect running weather. I am trying to find a half marathon to run in the new year, so I have sort of been training for that.
3. Dal had a boys night with Cal while I went to Bunco night at Brenna's.
4. We decorated for Christmas... but only sort of because we will only be in Vegas for a week during December. Cal was super fixated on destroying all of the decorations on the tree that he could reach. I mostly gave up on redecorating it halfway through the week.
5. We have discovered that Cal loves Sesame Street... which is fun for us because it turns out that show is actually quite entertaining. It is also fun because Calvin currently refuses to ever, ever be held. Sesame street is our best bet in getting some cuddle time. Showing him videos of himself on our phone is the other best bet.
6. Cal ate leftover Thanksgiving stuffing for every meal this week. He's obsessed.
7. I am not super great at leaving Cal with babysitters that aren't mine or Dal's family. We decided to practice this week by going to see 'Catching Fire' at the galaxy theater while Cal stayed with Brenna & Eli. He did great and I am silly for worrying. Also... the Galaxy theater has reclining seats and it was awesome!
8. One night we made a gingerbread house. Since we were leaving town soon we let Cal destroy it after we were finished decorating. He is quite destructive so he loved it.
9. We went to the mall to see Santa and Calvin HATED him, which we expected since he was afraid of the characters in Disneyland. He doesn't seem to mind strangers, but I guess not when they are in costume. We also went for a dorky train ride around the mall which Cal seemed to just feel neutral about, but Dal and I had fun :)
10. Cafe Rio night
11. Dal and I got in the Christmas spirit by watching 'Home Alone'. It had been a while and it was hilarious.
12. I went to a 'favorite things' party thrown by some girls in my ward. It was my first time at one and I loved it.
13. This little dude has been so much happier since he is been over his teething spell. It is so fun to watch him learn new things. His new tricks include giving high fives, playing peek-a-boo, giving kisses, signing 'all done' and 'more', and pointing to his nose when we say, "where's your nose?".
And now we are in Utah and it is freeeeezing, but we are happy to be here :)