Wednesday, August 15, 2012

And We're Back

In Vegas, that is. 
And let me tell you... it is bloody hot here. 

 We were pulling into our apartment complex after being gone for 2 months... Dallin was just going to drop me off there because he had to run an errand. We saw all of the lights on in our apartment and I could not believe that I would have left them on for that long! Dal decided to walk me inside, just in case. We found our door broken in and our apartment in disarray. It kind of felt like a movie. We honestly do not know when we were robbed, because we had been gone for so long. They took our Play Station, some jewelry, $5 in pennies (haha, seriously?), and almost 2 thousand dollars worth of Dallin's medical equipment (boo). It freaked us out. They did leave our TV though, so that was pretty nice of them. 

Here is the good news--- we put an offer on a house and it was accepted! We still can't really believe it. We have been looking for a quite a while, and this one seemed to fall right into place. If all goes to plan we should be ready to move in about 30 days. It is pretty adorable and only 4 miles from the school.

I am back at work and Dallin is back at school. Life is good. The second year of med school is already proving to be particularly grueling. It should make for a pretty crazy semester with buying a house, moving, running and marathon (for Dal), and having a baby. Wish us luck.

Baseball game


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your apartment, Sam. That must have been so upsetting. I'm glad you have good house news to overshadow the bad apartment news.

    Where are you working? Are you subbing again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! i can't believe your apt was broken into! i am so sorry. that is the absolute WORST feeling. hope getting everything put back together/replacing everything isn't too much a pain for you guys :-(

    but congratulations on your house!! soso exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful Sam! :( I hope your insurance covered everything for you! Congrats on the new house though--that's awesome! I can't wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete