Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Our trip to Orlando (that wasn't as fun as it was supposed to be)

So some of Dal's research got selected to be a part of a radiation oncology conference in Orlando so I decided to tag along! We found a flight that had a layover in SLC both ways... so my mom was going to watch the kids and we were going to have a romantic weekend in Orlando, then I was going to rent a car and go to Savannah for a day to check out neighborhoods we want to live in when we move there, then drive to see my best friend Lindsey's brand new baby in NC!

We arrived at the Seattle airport a little over 2 hours early for our flight and stillllll missed our flight because of the d9#$u3 security line. It was nuts and so hard with Mae. Luckily I was surrounded by the nicest people during my 2 hours of Mae screaming and trying to escape the line. And luckily Calvin is a dream boat all the time. And luckily there is a random toddler play place in the middle of the Seattle airport so we didn't go crazy for the 7 hours we had to spend there.
best travel buddy ever
I ended up getting there a day later than I was planning and it was the plane ride over that I started feeling sick. I got the flu and ended up feeling crappy for like 9 days :( But I toughed it out and we had a fun evening walking around Downtown Disney and getting in the hot tub.

The next day we went to Universal Studios! I took a ton of drugs and some breaks, but I ended up being glad I didn't just mope in the hotel room. We loved Harry Potter World and had so much fun! I didn't eat one thing all day and kept getting a fever, but I was glad I went.


mmm...butterbeer
I rented my car the next day and drove to Savannah, GA... which is where we will be moving in late summer. I had only heard awesome things about it so I had pretty high expectations, but I was totally freaked out the whole time. I didn't know this while I was there, but it turns out that the weekend after St. Patrick's Day is the biggest party weekend of the year there and everyone comes to drink. All of the hotel rooms were full so I had to stay in a scary place. I am sure it didn't help that I had the flu. I didn't get to go see Lindsey because I didn't want to get baby Cam sick. I am feeling better about moving there now that I know that weekend is a particularly crazy weekend there and it's not like that all the time. I spent one day in SLC on my way back and slept the entire day since I was exhausted from running around with the flu. 

The kids had the best weekend in Utah!!










I was really  proud of Dal on how hard he worked on this poster. He is legit.



aaaaand we decided to arrive at the airport super early in SLC, just in case and our flight was delayed 90 minutes! ha! I am grateful for the time I got to spend with Dal and am feeling much better now :)


No comments:

Post a Comment