Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Heartburn

This past weekend while in St. George,
Dal and I went for a lovely motorcycle ride up Snow Canyon.
I was so happy to see him, and was giddy the whole time.

As I was getting off the bike after our romantic ride
I burned my leg on the thing that Dallin warned me was hot only 5 min previous.
It didn't hurt that bad,
but it left a pretty gnarly burn.

As I got home, my mom and I realized that the burn actually looks like a heart.
She thinks that it is the most romantic thing ever.


Now I think about Dallin every time I look down at my leg.
I think about him all the time, actually.
I hate that he is gone.
HATE IT!!

I have to laugh, though, when I listen to myself complain about it.

Woe is me! I can't stay with Dal in Vegas until my school starts because I have a great job that is super flexible with my school schedule.
Woe is me! I have to graduate from college.
Woe is me! My husband is in medical school, paid for by the military.
Woe is me! I have to live at my parents house (for free!) and hang out with my awesome family all the time.
Woe is me! My husband lives all the way in Henderson, which is one of the closest places he could be, out of all the ones that he applied to.

Poor me, right? 

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha ha. You poor thing. So great that things really aren't THAT bad. But still SUCKS BUTT to live away from your husband for months! So proud that you're doing it though. So proud. :) Come play with us?
    P.S. Where do you work?

    ReplyDelete