Tuesday, October 16, 2012

All of this happened in 11 days

THURSDAY

-Signed on our house

-Dallin and I took Sydney to see "So you think you can dance" live at the Venetian
The artist guy totally should have won


-Went to Dallin's basketball game 
He won

FRIDAY

-Dallin, Berkey, and I picked up Aubree and Miles from the airport and the 5 of us drove to St. George

 -Dallin slept in pine Valley and I had a sleepover with my dad and Maren at the Mitchells

SATURDAY

-Dallin ran the St. George Marathon with his mom and all of his siblings



-We met up with my parents and drove to Las Vegas
They came with us to help us move

-We found out that we can't get the key to our house until Monday, which makes moving difficult

SUNDAY

-We watched some conference and put our apartment in boxes

-We also went out to eat with my parents and packed some more


MONDAY

-2 year anniversary

-Getting the keys to our house is delayed again due to Columbus Day

-My parents and Dallin loaded half of our belongings into a U-haul

-Justin and Lindsay came over for dinner to because my parents wanted to meet them
Dallin made his famous fajitas and we had to sit on the floor because all of our furniture was in the moving van
 -My water broke during dinner but I don't say anything because I am in denial

-Lindsay and I drove Berkley home

-We get back to the apartment and decide to have brownies before my parents leave for Salt Lake

-I reveal that I think my water might have broken, but then quickly dismiss the idea and eat a brownie

-Everyone awkwardly watches me eat my brownie, then my mom insists that I go to the hospital just to check before they go back to Salt Lake

-The nurse checks me and tells me that I will have a baby within 24 hours



TUESDAY

-I gave birth to the most precious little boy to ever be born at 5 lbs. 12 oz. and 19 inches long at 2:53 in the afternoon

-We stared at him the rest of the day


My parents got to be there since they were in Vegas helping us move



-Justin and Lindsay got to meet him that night too


-Dallin changed the first diaper


 WEDNESDAY

-We spent the day at the hospital and did more obsessing over Calvin


-Lisa and Dennis bought a flight home from Hawaii just so that they could see baby Calvin for 24 hours before they left for Germany


-My parents, Dallin's parents, and Dallin took the U-haul to the house to unload some things and install the dishwasher

-We got to leave the hospital around 8:00 pm to go home with our baby

-Both sets of parents have to go back to Utah

-I went to Walgreens at midnight to pick up a prescription and the cashier asks me when I am due (ha)

THURSDAY

-We have exactly half of our infinite amount of belongings at our apartment, and half at our new house

-Amy and Kalie came to visit the baby in the morning

-We had a very traumatic first bath experience

-4 of my siblings drove to Vegas to meet the baby and help us move




FRIDAY

-Jackie went with Calvin and I to the pediatrician, where the doctor tells us he is healthy and perfect

-My brothers and Kasi worked on moving our stuff... when we got back from the doctor's I could not see any floor in our entire house because there was stuff everywhere

-We ate tacos and keep moving and unpacking into the night. Dallin heled all he can in between studying for his test on Monday

SATURDAY

-My dad came back to Vegas

-Braden, Kaely, and Kaden drove up to meet the baby and help paint

-Our awesome crew painted the entire upstairs of the house all day



-We took a break to have a poker tournament
I won!

-We kept moving until late

SUNDAY

-We woke up early to paint the downstairs, which we finished before my family had to leave at noon!

-Dallin's grandparents, Nate, Lauren, Katherine, Starr, and Sagen came to meet Cal


-We unpack some more

-Cal and I went to dinner at Lindsay's while Dallin studied his guts out

-My mom flew in from Salt Lake to spend the week


Now I am tired...
 but overwhelmingly happy and obsessed with our son.


1 comment:

  1. I love this Sam! What a crazy 11 days, but you'll never forget them! Calvin is adorable and I'm excited to see pictures of the new place. :)

    ReplyDelete