Tuesday, November 6, 2012

2 Years Later

This is what I learned during my 1st year of marriage.
Year 2 of our marriage was just as insightful.
Dallin had to be a little more patient with me because I spent the majority of it pregnant... and crazy.
We made it 2 years!


Things I learned during our 2nd year of marriage...
-Dallin and all of his med school friends are extremely passionate about Mustache November (aka "Movember")
-Long distance marriages suck
-We love couples trips
-San Antonio and Vegas are both deathly hot in the summer
-All of the men in the Mitchell family like Disneyland as much as the average 5 year old
-A weekly call from the Hunter family makes Tuesdays more fun
-Jerry Seinfeld is still funny
-Birthdays in Cabo are the best kind
-Caramel chicken from Cheesecake factory is super delicious
-Welcoming brothers home from missions is really awesome
-6 weeks is a really long time when you are 1,300 miles apart
-Being pregnant makes me completely nuts
-Dallin is still nice to me when I am completely nuts
-He is also still nice to me when I throw up on his lap on accident
-My grandpa can build cool things
-It is not possible not to make dam jokes at Hoover Dam
-The outcome of a 49ers, Utes, or Jazz game can determine Dallin's mood for a night
-Getting your apartment broken into is super, super lame
-Dallin looks sexy in camo
-Buying a house a stressful and obnoxious process
-Cabo San Lucas is heaven on earth
(especially where we stayed)
-8 year olds make the best pen pals
-Denver is pretty
-Doing sealings at the temple may cause pregnant woman to pass out
-Seeing the heartbeat of your baby for the first time is the coolest thing ever
-It is possible to throw up 9 times in 1 day
-Cooking STILL doesn't run in the family
-Grey's Anatomy is addicting
-Having a washer/dryer is infinitely more convenient (but less entertaining) than the laudromat
-The most contention Dallin and I have is usually during a game of Skipbo
-It is a bad idea to lock  your keys in the car with it running
-The church is true in Nevada too
-Dallin's grandma Barbara was a super incredible lady
(we miss her greatly)
-We have nice friends that throw us lovely baby showers
-Shooting a deer means you have venison in your fridge for the rest of forever
-Best friends' weddings are fun
-Downtown San Antonio is awesome
-I suck at laser tag
-Ski goggles don't work as water goggles
-We both have super awesome families
-I am extremely impatient when it comes to closing on a house and trying to get pregnant
-I rock at changing tires
-FaceTime is the greatest invention ever
-Having brothers home is more fun than having them on missions
(even though we were proud of them :))
-Dallin is not able to see a fish, lizard, crab, etc. without trying to catch it
-Craigslist is the best place to buy furniture
-It is likely you will come in last place if you run a 5k at 8 months pregnant
-Med school is really hard
-Sometimes plan B is better than plan A
-Dallin is still a sweetheart


Thanksgiving 2011

Right before seeing "Beatles Love" at the Mirage
Seeing Jerry Seinfeld at the Colosseum

Movember

Welcoming Elder Outsen home from Mexico


Downtown San Antonio

Dallin's graduation from military training

The riverwalk

Lake Mary

Dallin's first shower

Snowbird

Riding Big Thunder Mountain with Hopie

Welcoming Elder Mitchell home from Brazil

One of the 3 times we went to Disneyland in 1 year

St. George Marathon 2012

Cabo






Scooter ride for my 23rd birthday

7 months pregnant

And this is how we celebrated...
pretty sure it will be my most memorable anniversary I ever have.


We have been in year 3 of marriage for almost a month now and I think that I have learned more about Dallin this past month than all of last year combined... mostly having to do with him being a kind and loving dad, for which I am eternally grateful.


1 comment: