Saturday, November 3, 2012

The few weeks after

We had quite the few weeks after Calvin was born... not quite what we were expecting. We didn't get the keys to our new house until the day after Cal was born. Dal, his parents, and my parents had to leave the hospital to move all of our larger furniture into the house. We spent the first day home from the hospital at our apartment. All of our stuff was in a moving van/our new place except for a mattress and Cal's cradle, which is all we really needed. Dallin had to go back to school, but Amy and Kalie came over to keep me company. All of my siblings (except for Maren) showed up that night to meet their nephew and help us move. 

The next day we had a appointment with our pediatrician. Jackie went with while Max, Alex, and Kasi moved all of the boxes into our new place. When I came home we could not even see the floor and all of the walls were painted weird colors. It was pretty overwhelming. I seriously do not know what we would have done without my family. My dad flew in for a couple of days to help paint. They spent 3 days straight painting and moving. It was not how I anticipated the first week with my new baby, but we were so extremely grateful for all of the help. I felt especially bad because their car broke down on the way home, so it took them 12 hours to drive to Salt Lake. Luckily they got to take a few breaks to go to a movie, play poker, and hang out with Cal. 

Calvin screamed bloody murder through his first bath... he and I both. I am a little more used to it now, but I cried right along with him the first 4 or 5 times he cried. I don't like to see him sad. So his first bath was a little traumatic. 

By the time my family left our house was a little more put together. My mom flew in the next day and spent the week helping us, which was so great. She came and got Cal from my room early in the morning so I could sleep, and cooked us meals for the week. She was great with Cal, I was so sad when she left. Maren also came down for a few days while she was there. 

Calvin had a lot of visitors his first few weeks of life. It is fun to watch people love on him. 

Because I am not a good writer it is difficult for me to express how incredible it has been having Calvin in our home with us. He is the sweetest little boy! Dallin has not had to miss a beat with him because Cal just hangs out all night with him while he studies. They are best buds. He is such a nice baby, which has made all of our craziness less stressful. I feel like I could have a million babies if they were all like Cal.

In his cradle made by his great grandpa

First bath

Cal & Alex

Cal & Kasi

Cal & Max

Cal & Jackie

With Braden, Kaely, & Kaden

Cal & Nate

With Lauren, Bud, & Juanita

Cal & Maren


Gangster baby







First poker game at 3 days old

1 comment: