Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Angela&Dave/ Utah trip

After Nate & Katlyn's wedding, I drove to Sandy to spend the week so that could go to Angela and Dave's wedding. Tis the season.

The July weather in Utah was refreshing after coming from Vegas. Calvin loves my family so much! We swam, went to the weekly yogurt stop and Cafe Rio, went to weddings, and spent lots o time with Maren since she is leaving in 2 weeks for Guatamala.
Petting the Dall's Toucan after swimming

Cal & his grandpa
 Angela & Dave's wedding was so great! Annie and I threw a bridal shower for Ang the week before her wedding. Annie interviewed Dave and made the cutest video to show. It turned out lovely. The dinner was at Rodizio... my favorite. I wish that Dal could have been there. He couldn't make it because he had already started his clerkship and was busy studying for the COMLEX. Tyson and I got a shout-out during their video since we introduced them. I was so glad to be able to go watch Angela be sealed in the temple. The sealing was one of the neatest ones I have been to. Their reception was at Thanksgiving point. My mom took Cal home early because he was not feeling well :( I got to see a lot of people that I had not seen in a very long time. I am so happy for Angela and Dave.

Also... I saw Angela's car as I was walking to mine after the temple sealing. I wrote her a note that was only slightly inappropriate and left it on her windshield. Her mom ended up driving her car home so that was... funny.
Bridal shower
Wedding dinner

Wedding dinner

Temple

Reception
We were in town for the 4th of July. My mom and brothers took Cal over to the church the night before and decorated his stroller red, white, and blue. My whole family went to the neighborhood parade/breakfast in the morning and it was so fun! Later, we went to my grandparents for fried chicken and slip n' sliding. Cal was not so sure about the little pool, but he was sure that he did NOT like the slip n' slide. He did, however, enjoy my grandpa feeding him corn on the cob and an entire cupcake. My dad hung out with Cal at home that night while the rest of us went to the annual party at the Lossers. We ended the night with "The Sandlot".

Start of the parade




















Cal got really sick while we were in town :( His temperature was up to 104 for 2 days and his eye got really swollen with an infection. He looked pretty miserable, but he was very cuddly. Both Shad and Dennis were nice to FaceTime with us to look at his eye, and check up on him every day.
 Dallin took his COMLEX in Salt Lake so he flew in for the last few days that we were there. He mostly studied, but he did take a break to play some hearts, eat dinner, and take family pictures with us.

 Last, but not least... SANDY was there for the last couple of days we were there. She came last minute because she had a break in school. I was very happy that she got to meet Cal!
Swimming at the Carr's
Waterfall up Little Cottonwood

It was a very fun trip. I am not even giving people time to miss me because we will be back for Maren's farewell in a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment