Wednesday, November 19, 2014

All about Calvin Russell at 2 years old

Our very favorite little boy turned 2 a few weeks ago. I might tell you that Calvin is ridiculously naughty or I might tell you that he is the easiest dreamboat that is pleasant all of the time, depending on the day. However... he is sometimes naughty but he is never mean and I am grateful for that. He is such a sweetheart and we are quite obsessed with him.

-Calvin is completely obsessed with juice and asks for it all day. We try to only give him water but he throws big fits about it sometimes. If I give him water and tell him it is juice he is drinks it happily. Bad mom move? Oh well.

-Our favorite time with Cal is at night. He gets really cute and slap-happy, then we read books with him (which he loooves). He is cooperative about saying prayers. He mostly just repeats what we say, but sometimes he inserts his own things. Usually he blesses Mae, Addy,  Ellie, his grandparents, or Buzz and Woody all on his own. Never me or Dal, haha. Calvin has never, ever cried about sleeping. I think it is because sometimes he gets overwhelmed with a ton of people, so he likes being by himself. We lay with him and sing some songs, then usually he signals us goodbye. I have no idea when he wakes up in the morning because we go and get him from his room around 9 and he is always awake, just playing with his toys quietly in his room. It's pretty adorable.

-Cal is really into 'Toy Story' right now. We talk about it a lot of the day and he asks to bring his Buzz and Woody dolls everywhere.

-He is always, always fantastic in the car. I never even bring anything to entertain him on our road trips because he always just chills. On our way to and from Washington he literally just sat and did nothing in the car for 20 hours straight and never cried. He also likes the stroller, as long as it is moving.

-Cal doesn't really get into anything. I don't feel the need to put child locks on our cupboards because I have never walked in having him thrown flour all over the kitchen. The most frustrated that I get with him is when he acts whiney.

-I often will say, "Who wants____?" and Cal will yell, "me!" and raise his hand. So lately we will just be hanging out and he will say, "Candy. Me!" or "no-nut (donut). Me!" while raising his hand high. It's my favorite.

-He really loves both set of his grandparents. Dal and I often talk about how lucky we are that our kids have so many family members on both sides to love them. Cal loves spending time with our families and talks about Jackie, Ellie and Addy all day.

-He loves the beach, which is funny because he doesn't particularly like swimming. He was in heaven in Washington throwing rocks into the ocean, and then again in Hawaii playing in the waves.

-Cal is obsessed with food and will eat anythingggggg as long as he has some kind of dip. In fact, last night I had to cut him off after he had his 3rd hot dog and 3rd helping of broccoli. His other favorites include pizza, grapes, apples, raspberries, ice cream, and yogurt.

-For a while we were worried about Cal's speech. When he was trying to mimic things that we say it often sounded so much different than the real word. He was really hard to understand for a long time but he is getting so much better. He says 2 and even some 3 word sentences now. Woohoo!

-He is still a major mama's boy. No one can get him to laugh harder than Dal and they play together all day when he is home, but when he is sick, sad, tired, or scared he prefers me. I love it.

-Cal loves all dogs. If Hobbes is not right at our feet at our house (which is rare), Cal notices and yells for him.

-I keep waiting for Cal to resent Mae, but he is always sooo nice to her. It has been such a relief. Some days he doesn't pay attention to her, and some days he is obsessed, but he's never mean.

-The past month or so he has started having an imagination. It is so fun for me to watch him play with his toys lately! He makes Buzz fly all around the room, he uses his dinosaur to scare his other toys, etc. It's kind of magical to watch.


































We really, really love this little 2 year old.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure how I just found out about this blog, but I love this post!! Great for those of us that can't see him as often ❤️

    ReplyDelete