Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween in Sandy

We made the 6 hour trek to SLC with Dal and I + our 2 kids + our dog in our tiny Honda Civic last weekend to attend Kyle & Whitney's wedding. Mae is sometimes hit and miss in the car but neither kid made a peep during the whole drive. Woohoo.

We had a fun weekend with family. Lots of people got to meet Mae and Cal loves hanging out with my family, so it was lovely. We spent a lot of time ooo-ing over Mae, celebrated Halloween, spent an afternoon in Orem with kaely and kids, and ate yummy food. Oh, and WE BOUGHT A CAR! I went to register my car and we couldn't get it to pass inspection without spending more than the car was worth. My grandparents babysat Cal one afternoon while we "just looked around" at cars for an hour or 2, but we ended up driving home with a Buick Enclave and I am a little obsessed with it.
Watching a show while I packed- he would not let me move her!
The first time we have ever let Cal watch a show in the car and he was pretty stoked






Dal getting Kaden ready for preschool dressed as a zombie










Halloween this year was probably my favorite holiday with Cal so far. He dressed as the joker- Mae was Batman. We drove down to Orem with my parents to go trick-or-treating at Steph's work. Cal was a little freaked out because we were right next to all these kids with masks, but he liked putting candy in his bag. Afterwards we had chili with a lot of family, then Dal and I took Cal trick-or-treating at a few houses. He was so cute to knock on the door all by himself, say please and thank you, and got so excited to put his "tan-ee" in his little pumpkin bag. I loved it.












Our ride home was excellent in our new car, but we had a little situation when we got home because we forgot our garage door opener in our old car and somehow all of our keys were inside the house or Dal's car (which was inside the garage). We really didn't want to call a locksmith since we just changed our locks last week and it was 11 at night. After about a half hour of trying to break into our house/almost ruining our garage, Dal managed to get a window open enough to climb through.
And now we are home and Dal's month off is over :(

No comments:

Post a Comment