Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July

The start of residency for Dal was no joke. His first month was internal medicine and the hours are long. He even had to work from a 15 hour day on Saturday (the 4th of July). Lucky for us, there was a big firework show in Lacey the night of the 3rd so we were still able to celebrate as a family.

Dallin got off a little early on Friday. I took Mae with me to get our oil changed while Dal mowed the lawn and Cal napped. Kids making running errands like this painful sometimes. This day, it was a long wait but we got to wait in our car. I had so much fun with Mae! I had an hour and a half that I could do nothing but sit in the car and play with my baby. She was being really funny. She kept looking out the window until one of then workers would look at her, then she would smile and bury her head in my chest. It motivated me not to want to hurry through my days, even when I have to do dumb errands like getting my oil changed.


We went to event in Lacey that evening. Both of our kids fell asleep on the way there, so we drove around for a while (since we were pretty early anyway). We just went a mile or 2 down the road we were on and we ran into a forrest! When in Washington, I guess. We ate dinner at a little burger place, went around to the booths, then waited to watch the fireworks by a cute little pond and catching frogs with Patrick and Danielle. Calvin loved running around with Tristan and LOVED the fireworks. He is at such a fun age for stuff like this. I kind of missed the firework show because I was watching him. Cal, Tristan, and their other 2 friends yelled, "boom!" and laughed for the entire half hour show.











Cal loved the snappers








Calvin thought putting a frog on Mae's head was the funniest
Both Mae & Cal went to bed at 11 pm that evening, which is why i was really surprised at my 6:00 wake up call from Mae. We missed Dal, but we had a really fun day at the lake with some nice people from our ward. Calvin loved playing on the beach and some of our ward friends were nice enough to watch Mae while I went with Calvin around the lake in the row boat. Seriously obsessed with our ward. I spent the tail end of my holiday cuddling with Calvin to 'Big Hero 6' and eating popcorn + m&m's while Mae slept (Dal caught the tail end, even!). 


No comments:

Post a Comment