Thursday, November 12, 2015

A trip to UTAH


I took a trip to Utah last month because it had been 5 months since I had been there. So long! We missed Dal something fierce but it was so  good to see our families and all 3 of us had the best time (minus the 4 days in Sandy where Mae was teething and a little sick and screamed all day).

My flight there was great. The airport was not. Mae was really upset while we were waiting in the super long security line. When we finally got to the front somebody turned around and accidentally smacked her in the head with one of those plastic bins and turned her crying into screaming. Some lady was spending forever trying to tell me about testing Cal's cup water for bombs or something and after seriously 20-minutes (mae still screaming), I threw away both kid's cups so we wouldn't have to worry about it and ran to my gate. I was pretty dang flustered when I got onto the plane but both kids were great on the flight! Cal spent the whole time telling me how cool it was to be on an airplane flying through the clouds and Mae was mostly played with her toys. 




We spent the first week in Sandy and saw a lot of friends + family. Cal was in heaven the whole week! Mae was pretty sad a lot of it but she got better the last couple of days. We so love spending time with my family!!
A lot of time spent at my grandparent's house. Cal helping my grandpa smash cans 




Where all of my "find my friend" friends were :(
Cafe Rio lunch
Calvin got in the hot tub at least once (sometimes twice) a day 
Eating chips with the boys
A Halloween themed boat floating down the Provo river. Cal was nervous at first but ended up liking it!




We went up to Snowbird and took the Tram up... it was cold and windy!










Mae was miffed the whole time
Until she got snuggly and fell asleep 

On Sunday we carved pumpkins with my family and had a Halloween party. It was so fun!


Mae was sick and snuggly 













Cal and I went to eat lunch with Karli and Natalie! So fun to meet nolan and addy!



We had a fun afternoon at Cornbellys!






A playdate with friends Will & Sophie
I realized that Calvin hadn't really been to the temple since he was old enough to talk about it. We took a trip down to temple square and it was so fun. We also took a tour at the conference center and walked around the visitors center. It was lovely.








Not pictured: meeting Rachel at the park so we could meet her new cute baby, lunch with Angela, lunch with lauren while my parents took BOTH kids to a movie, and meeting up with Brenna!

After the week was over we borrowed my mom's van and drove to St. George with Kaely and her kids (5 kids under 5!). I finally got to meet little lucas! He is so darling. On the way we stopped and met baby Rosemary who wasn't even a week old. Nate was nice and entertained all of the toddlers so we could snuggle the babies. We spent a whole week in St. George and it was so fun to see all of the kids! Cal is finally at an age where he can really play with his cousins and he loved it. Hope took a particular liking to Mae and entertained her during the weekend she was here. Braden and Kaely were so nice to plan Lucas' blessing so that we could be there and I was so glad! On Sunday Amy drove all the way from Vegas to visit! I was so, so happy to see her! It was a great week in St. George. 

Lots of babies on a road trip
Meeting new "little" Rosemary
Mae and Lucas... basically the same size

Cousins





On a hay-ride at the pumpkin patch 



Calvin was too busy playing to nap so he kept falling asleep in random places

Mae loves swimming! 
So much fun at the neighborhood party






More napping 


An unexpected splash pad trip
No clothes in old navy because they got soaked from the splash pad...

Visiting grandpa gib after his surgery
All 10 mitchell cousins!


We had a couple more days in Sandy before our flight home. Best flight ever...  both kids were so happy and se sat by the NICEST people!! While we were waiting for our flight to board Mae was being really cute and had a bit of a crowd watching her, commenting on her cuteness. I had mentioned that she hadn't taken her first steps yet. A random lady was encouraging her to take a step and she TOOK 3 STEPS! AND THERE WERE LIKE 20 PEOPLE CHEERING! It was pretty amazing but it has been a week and she won't really do it any more. She is a diva and needs a big crowd I guess :)











We like having new adventures here in Washington, but we so love our Utah family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment