Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A week in Vegas

We have been out of town so much lately that I feel like it has been a while since we were in Vegas for a whole week.  Here is what has been going on.

-Sunday we had a game night at our house with the Taylors, Robkers, and Riners. Dallin makes fun of me because if I have particularly good or bad cards I like to take a picture to show later. Also, it was this night that Dallin lost his crown- which is a $1,000 fix. We all looked for it for a while and I was embarrassed because we somehow have cheerios under every piece of furniture in our house. We never found it but the dentist that Brenna works for was able to give us $400 off!

-For family night we went to Panda(our favorite) and Cal ate an entire helping of chow mein!
-Lindsey came over and cut 8 inches off of my hair on Tuesday. I really needed a change and I love it. Lindsey is a muy talented haircutter. Brenna and Amy were also there... ya know, for moral support.



-I went to Max Brenner's on the strip with some lovely ladies from my ward on Thursday evening. I am obsessed with that place! 



-Friday night we bought a little $17 barbeque from Walmart and had the Borups, Robkers, Hafens, and Riners over... and all 11 of us fit around our little table. It was a blast and I am so happy that we have awesome friends here.

-Saturday our little family was quite the sight to see... all 3 of us had some weird stomach bug (that is STILL going on with Dal and I). We literally watched 12 episodes of "Friday Night Lights" in our pajamas. We were pretty pathetic. We still have not really gotten better. Last night I attempted to go running with Brenna and Amy, but had to make them walk the last mile because I was feeling so crummy, and ended up having to pull over to throw up on the way home. I had a little meltdown in the middle of the night last night thinking about one day being pregnant again. I would love to have another baby, but my pregnancy with Cal was so awful. How sick I was yesterday would have been a good day in the life of pregnant Sam. I had these flashbacks to throwing up 7 times during our 45 minute wait in the Mexican airport, throwing up on Dallin's lap on my birthday, throwing up into the wind in a Old Navy parking lot and having it come back into my face, coming 3 seconds away from vomitting on Lauren on the Buzz Lightyear ride in Disneyland, passing out and throwing up repeatedly in the Las Vegas Temple, and hearing about the "golden 2nd trimester" and wondering why I was still so sick at 30 weeks. Anyway, I would love to have another baby but I am extremely nervous about being pregnant again. On the plus side, Cal was only sick for 1 day... but he is super cuddly when he is sick.

-We got to have Berks and Sydney on Sunday and Monday while TJ & Adrian were moving. I missed them! Berks loves Cal now, it is so fun and I am sad they are moving so far away.






No comments:

Post a Comment