Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lots of favorite things this weekend

This weekend had a lot of my favorite things going on... namely hiking, friends, running, Third Eye Blind, and my parents. Oh- and Dallin and Cal, of course.

Friday evening we went to Mt. Charleston with some of our friends. I felt like I was hiking in Utah again! Too bad it was an hour from our house. It felt so nice because it is 20 degrees cooler up there...  Cal even needed a jacket! We hiked to Mary Jane Falls, which ended up only being 3 miles roundtrip, but the way up felt longer with lots of switchbacks. I like Vegas, but I reeeeeally miss hiking. Also, I have never seen Cal so happy in his entire 10 months. He loved it. The 3 dogs were also in heaven. We ended the evening with 5 Guys...yumm.













The next night Third Eye Blind was doing a free concert on Fremont Street, so we left Cal with a babysitter! Our first time leaving him with someone besides family (except for when we left him with Lauren ev when he was just a wee one for an hour while we went to sacrament meeting). I was a little stressed, but he slept the entire time at the Taylor's. Third Eye Blind was soo fun. I knew every word to every song. They even sang "Motorcycle Drive By" and "Crystal Baller"! My favorites. It was really crowded and we felt kind of old,  but it was way fun.

When we got home from the concert my parents were waiting for us at our house!!! We were so happy to see them. Cal recognizes them now and it is so fun. He even reached for my mom when I was holding him. They took Cal while we "went to stake conference", then we had the Taylors over and all ate lasagna, went to see the turtles in the Wetlands Park, and played the 6-player game. I loved having them there. My dad left early Monday morning to work in St. George. My mom watched Cal on Monday while I went to the doctor to see if I can figure out what on Earth is going on with my stomach to have made me lose 15 pounds in 2 weeks. Then we went to Target, got some Rita's, and drove to meet my dad in Mesquite. Cal and I went swimming with them at their hotel. He did not particularly like the slide... or swimming. We are still working on making him like water. But he did love the buffet after. I was really sad to leave them, but excited we will see them all of October!
Superman shirt Grandma Special bought for him
Cal & Sloane on a walk in the rain to see the turtles



Going down the slide


Cal and I are loving having Dal home so much now that boards are done. He has been doing internal medicine this month- he likes the doctor he is working with and usually gets home early. This summer has been great, but I am ready for fall. It's bloody hot here!

No comments:

Post a Comment