Friday, April 20, 2018

Pregnancy #3



This pregnancy was quite a little different than my other ones. 2 main differences.
1. Dallin was gone (deployed) from week 9 until the day after I gave birth + we lived with my parents
2. I was soo much less sick! (still barfed a million times, just not 10 million times)


We made a choice to try to get pregnancy before Dallin left on his 9 month deployment (that is what it was supposed to have been- it ended up being 61/2 months) to Afghanistan. It was a hard decision but we didn't want him to be gone right after the baby was born and I also didn't want to get pregnant right when he got back and be sick right after moving to a new place. We only had about a month to try but it worked out :) We traveled to Utah so that Dallin could see family before he left. We went to Augusta, GA to interview at the ER residency program there right before we were headed to UT. I took a pregnancy test in the hotel bathroom in Augusta and saw two lines right away! We were going to wait to tell everyone until I was 8 weeks or so but I suck at that so I told everyone within moments of seeing them including some random people at my 10 year high school reunion. I was much more nervous this time upon finding out because I had been so sick with my last ones and was nervous about what was to come.


More pregnancy #3 noteworthy things...
-Even though this was definitely my best pregnancy, I still threw up 2-4 times a day until around 15 weeks, then 1-3 times a day until 20 weeks. Starting 20 weeks I only threw up a couple of times a week!! It was lovely.
-Craved Diet Coke
-Threw up 4 times during our 7 year anniversary date
-Was too sick to help Dallin pack the moving van so he basically did it by himself
-Had the most terrible and dramatic goodbye to Dallin in the parking lot of a rental car palce
-My parents were the mooooost helpful everrrr with my kids during this time. Dallin's too.
-Felt him kick for the first time around 19 weeks.
-Another thing that was different this time around was that I didn't feel like a psycho. So many less mood swings than with my other kids.
-Mae and Calvin were SO FREAKIN EXCITED the whole time
-Calvin and my mom came to the 20 week scan. I decided to have the lady not tell me the gender and text it to Dal instead. He told us over facetime 4 days later with most of my family there. Calvin was really happy that it was a boy. I wasn't surprised.
-During my pregnancy our name frontrunners were: Lewis (obviously), Raymond, Donavon, and Winston. Middle name was always going to be Dennis.
-I slept great this pregnancy which was the best surprise!
-Also no restless leg or heartburn
-I threw up twice both times I went to Disneyland
-Loved by OBGYN (Dr. Smith)
-When I was 32 weeks my best friend lost her baby (she was 38 weeks). It was terrible.
-Lauren + Tyler got married!
-I had an absurd amount of contractions during my last trimester so I thought that I was in labor basically every day for like 10 weeks.

Halloween. 13 weeks.
Thanksgiving. 17 weeks. 
Gender reveal at Max and Steph's.
20 weeks.
Disneyland. 26 weeks.

 
28 weeks.


30 weeks.
Baby Remi's memorial. 35 weeks.
37 weeks.
 
38 weeks. 










I still don't super love being pregnancy but, considering the circumstances of having Dal be gone and my other pregnancies being so horrible, this one was pretty awesome. 









No comments:

Post a Comment