Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Californiaaaa

We had a fantastic Labor Day weekend in California with the Taylors. Lindsey's mom and stepdad were so nice to let us stay with them! We had a beach day on Saturday and Cal seemed to like it much better this time. Cal reeeally wanted to eat the sand, but besides that we had a lovely time. We also went to church, played games, swam in their awesome hot tub, went out to eat, and went on a hike to the MASH site.

We kind of had some parenting fail moments this weekend. Although I felt like I kept putting sunscreen on Cal, he got a pretty bad sunburn on parts of his face. While we were shopping on Saturday evening he had a blowout and I forgot a change of clothes for him. I was walking around the store past Cal's bedtime with a baby in only a diaper with a sunburn and runny nose. I was feeling pretty defeated, but when we got back and I went to put him to bed he let me rock and cuddle with him while he drank his bottle... he didn't seem to think that I was a bad mom. I am grateful for his unconditional love- I think I have a lot to learn from him. The next day on our hike I put Dallin in charge of the sunscreen... because I didn't do so well at the beach. Dal covered him from head to toe, but within the first 10 seconds Cal rubbed his face and then his eyes, so he was pretty sad for most of our hike (he usually loves hiking) because he had sunscreen in his eyes. Fail.

We love the Taylors and California.










Ghetto grocery store babe

MASH site


Worn out on our hike

2 comments:

  1. funn! you can come visit when we're back in january. official invitation.

    ReplyDelete