Friday, March 28, 2014

Another reason to love October

October has always been my favorite, even before all of my most significant life experiences started happening in that month.

I married Dallin in October

We had our sweet Calvin in October

and now I am due to have our second baby this coming October!

We are so thrilled I can't even stand it. I think that having Cal has made me even more excited for this one, because he truly exceeded my expectations last time. 

I took a pregnancy test on the morning of Valentine's Day. I actually didn't even expect it to be positive, but it was! Matt Palmer and his lady friend had spent the night at our place, so right after I found out I went down and had breakfast with them-- I was freaking out inside! I could barely wait until Dal got home to tell him. We decided to not give each other gifts for Valentine's this year, but go on a nice date instead (which we did, thanks to the Taylors for babysitting). Dallin was surprised when I had a gift for him, and he was just as cute and excited as the first time. It was a very memorable Valentine's Day.

I have decided that it is possible to be over-the-moon grateful for this gift of life, while still thinking that pregnancy is hard. I am currently 11 weeks along and have lost 10 pounds so far. Some days I think that I have been able to keep food down a tiny bit better than last time, but I have had more than a few days where I have thrown up 10 times in 24 hours. I knew this would happen. I signed up for it. I am truly, truly grateful. But it is still hard. 

I have tried really hard to still be a decent mom to Cal while I have been sick. I have some momma guilt on the days that I can't function, but we get out and have some kind of adventure everyday and he seems like he is happy and growing. My house, however, is a complete disaster all of the time. It's probably best to not come over unannounced. I have had a few friends tell me that while they have had morning sickness, their toddler gets really upset to see them so sick. Cal thinks it is so funny when I throw up... I am not sure if he is too young to understand or is just not super sympathetic-- I think it is the first one :) When he hears me throwing up, he comes running in and usually laughs, sometimes he imitates my vomiting. Oh well, it's better than him being really upset 5 times per day, right?

My ultrasound this week made it feel so much more real and I cannnnnot wait for October to get here.

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!! I so wasn't expecting this and am SO excited for you guys!! Sad to hear you've been sick again. At least Cal thinks it's funny? ;-) here's to hoping you get past this soon and CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhh!!! sam!!!!!!!!!!!!! SAM!!!!! so excited for you! i'm so so sorry for being so sick... little stink laughing at you... :| ha! hang in there sweet girl. love you guys! congratulations, and hope your sickness doesn't last too much longer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh! Sam! Congrats! That is so exciting! I am so happy for you guys! I am sorry you get really sick too. I hope it doesn't last too much longer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I knew it! After reading your previous post where you said you weren't feeling well, I said to Tyson..."she's totally pregnant!" So excited for you!!! Hope you start feeling better! That is the worst kind of sick!

    ReplyDelete