Wednesday, April 23, 2014

1st trimester in review

I am officially in my 2nd trimester of pregnancy! Although I threw up the whole time with Cal, I started feeling much better around 20 weeks, so I am excited for June. We had an ultrasound that Dal was able to go to today and it really  put things back into perspective for me. With Cal, we found out that he was a boy at this time, but this baby was a little shy today- so for sure next time. Sometimes I forget that there is really a baby in there and I seriously cannot wait for him/her to get here! The ultrasound was so awesome, he/she waved some little fingers at us and was moving around. Seeing the little heartbeat is the greatest.

So far, my pregnancy has included...
- Throwing up about 4 times per day on average. Sometimes more, rarely less than 3
- Sooo much Gatorade, otter pops, and smoothies
-Last time I think that I wanted a  girl a little bit more, but this time I am (a tiny bit) hoping for a boy. I have this vision of 2 little boys close in age running around and I think it sounds so fun for Cal to have a brother (plus I have an infinite amount of boy clothes). That being said, I will not even be a tiny bit disappointed if it is a girl.
-I keep thinking that I feel the baby move, but Dal tells me that I am crazy because it is too early
-I have lost 12 pounds, but my stomach is getting bigger so much earlier than last time. I was wondering where the weight was coming from until my wedding ring flew off at the grocery store. Apparently, I have lost 12 pounds of finger weight--- every girl's dream :) It feels weird to not wear my ring since I have not taken it off once since we got married.
-Lots of episodes of 'Snapped: Killer Couples' on Oxygen. I seriously don't know why I like it- it is super weird and creepy
-Cal doesn't have a clue what is coming to him! He is very nice to other babies and kids, but lately he gets kind of jealous when I hold other babies.
-My mom taking good care of me and Cal for over a week while we went to Salt Lake
-Throwing up every night at 4 a.m. I am oh, so excited to wake up to a baby instead!!
-Zero exercise 
-Napping during Cal's nap time :)
-Watching the 'Coca-cola baby' commercial on YouTube over and over and bawling every time
-We are going to a different Doctor this time around and she is awesome. She told us that (since the baby wasn't cooperating to find out the gender) we could pop in sometime after 5 next week to see if she can tell.
-Having an obsession (since the weather has been so perfect) with leaving the backdoor open all day long to let fresh air in and have Cal & Hobbes come and go as they please. We are all 3 loving it except I have to stop because there are 1 million flies in my house now.
14 weeks


1 comment:

  1. bah... i can't wait for you to not throw up anymore!!! so so sorry... but otherwise life sounds like a dream!! you look amazing, and i hope you guys are all doing well!!
    "finger weight loss, every girls dream" < i died.

    ReplyDelete