Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter!

The time has come again... Dallin has to take Step 2 of his boards on June 25th and he has been in full-fledged study mode starting this week and is gone a lot of the time. It is a bummer for us, but this is his last big test of medical school, so we can make it until July. We have spent our time at parks, reading 3928h49f0w2 books a day, going to a bbq at the Robkers, having new friends from our ward over for dinner, and hanging out with Lindsey & Sloane. Oh, and Cal got a new haircut!

This week I started to help out this boy who has autism transition into going to a mainstream elementary school for 4 hours twice a week. I think it is going to be a good little job for me, especially since it is right during Cal's naptime! Since I had to work this week, Dal took Calvin to St. George with him to get his Drivers' License renewed. It is fun for them to have one-on-one time together and Cal had fun with the Mitchells for a couple of days. Before they left, I thought that having them gone might be kind of nice since it was only for 2 days, 1 night. I thought that maybe I could get some 'me' time, especially since I haven't been feeling week. Turns out I don't like 'me time', I only like Calvin & Dallin time. I missed them a lot.

Cal's first time in nursery


Lunch

Always, always reading

This is what a 5-hour nap looks like. I had to wake him up because it was freaking me out



On his way to St. George with Dal

Eating a Creamie in St. George
 This year was our first time being away from family for Easter. We couldn't go to Salt Lake since we are going in a week for my brother's wedding, and the Mitchells were out of town because they were in Boston running the marathon. We had a really nice Easter with just our little family! We woke up early so we could have our Easter egg hunt. We put eggs with candy in a line that led right to Cal's basket, but he got too distracted by the candy and we had to help him find his basket anyway. He was in heaven since he loves candy, which he calls 'cookie'. He had fun with the stuff in his basket, so we were a success at our first run at being the Easter Bunny. Dal found his basket in the dryer really quickly-- I am not a very good hider. Dallin and Cal both got nerf guns in their baskets, and the only time all morning that Cal was not happy was during their nerf fight. He definitely lost. We went to church after and Cal loved nursery again! Woohoo! I made a huge Easter dinner that night consisting of ham, broccoli salad, fruit salad, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes & gravy, and asparagus. Brenna and Eli came over for dinner, but the 5 of us hardly put a dent in all of that food. Brenna brought a yummy banana cream cake and we had such a nice time. It was lovely to have Dal not studying for a whole day, and it was a perfect holiday with my boys.





















1 comment:

  1. Sam, you are too freaking cute! I love the Easter egg path to the hidden basket. Way cute. Congrats on the pregnancy! You look amazing and your boys are pretty dang cute, too!

    ReplyDelete