Monday, May 12, 2014

A Cal + me week & Mother's Day

Dallin has been studying at the school or working all but 1 hour per day that he comes home for dinner ever since we got home from Utah, and will be until June 25th when he takes his Step 2 boards. Since most of my good friends were out of town this week, I got a lot of good time with my buddy. I love him so. 

Also, although I still throw up a lot, I am feeling a little bit human again! Besides my awkward having to sit down in the middle of the Cafe Rio line to avoid passing out on Monday, I have been able to do normal stuff this week. Hurray hurray hurray! I had been feeling bad about Cal having to stay home so much so we took advantage and went to the splash pad, 2 parks, storytime at the library, had a lunch date, went to feed the turtles by our house FOUR times (our favorite), and went to get slurpees. And I fixed dinner every night, paid my car off, and even went (sort of) running one day! Oh man, I am much more of a happy camper when I am not stuck at home. I had so much fun with Cal this week.

Feeding the turtles


Took a picture of dinner because it was my first time making dinner in a month

Library storytime

Out to lunch

Cuddling with Hobbes

We never tire of seeing the turtles, ducks, and fish at the Wetlands park

Splash pad

Cutest sad face when his slurpee was gone

17 weeks
 Yesterday was my 2nd Mother's Day since becoming a mom. We got a call on Wed saying that the 2 of us both had to speak in church and that we would be the only 2 speakers. I am not going to lie, I was not super happy about speaking in church on Mother's day, especially after reading that Mother's Day is the worst day to speak during the whole year because it is a hard day for a lot of people. It ended up being a good experience. Dallin's parents drove down from St. George so they could hear us speak. They came the night before so Dal and I were able to go on a nice date to a movie on Saturday evening. It was awesome to have them there to watch Cal during the meeting while we were speaking. Dallin gave an awesome talk and it made my day start off so lovely. He also took the day off of studying and we just hung out as a family for the rest of the evening. Dal made my favorite for dinner (steak), got me flowers and a massage, and we went to the park. We finished off the night watching Hercules with the little dude and eating brownie batter. Oh, and (since I have TWO siblings currently serving missions) we got to talk to both of our cute little missionaries. They look happy and we are proud of them.

This week was just what I needed with my little 1 year old and I was so grateful this Mother's Day to be his mother.











2 comments:

  1. mm, love this. love you! can we talk about how you have the cutest, tiniest little pregnant belly?? and how great it is that you were able to do things! hope you keep improving! happy mothers day sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last pictures of Cal eating out of the bowl at the bottom. Seriously so cute!

    ReplyDelete