Friday, May 23, 2014

IT'S A GIRL

I have had a rough few weeks as far as pregnancy goes. My new thing is to throw up every couple of hours all night long, so I usually have to take a nap when Cal does because I feel like I don't sleep. This happened with Cal too, so hopefully that ends soon. We have had some cool things happen this week, though, that help me remember that I am having a baby and don't just have 9 months of the 24-hour stomach flu.

About a week ago I felt our little baby kick for the first time. It started happening a little bit more consistently, but I had never been able to feel it on the outside with my hand because the flutters were so light. One night, I casually mentioned to Dal where the baby was in my stomach because I could feel some fluttering. As soon as he put his hand there the baby kicked way hard and he could feel it! It was awesome. It would be several months before he could ever feel it with Cal so that was a happy surprise. 

So last time that I was pregnant I had no idea what the gender was, but this time I was pretty sure that it was a boy. I kind of bonded with a boy in my head, and figured that I wasn't going to have to buy a thing since I already have a boy. I had a doctor's appointment on Wed morning and Dal was unable to get off of work for it. I was pretty sure that this was the appointment that she would be able to tell , so I had her write the gender on a piece of paper and seal it in an envelope so that we could open it together when Dal got home. It was a long day of waiting! Calvin and I made a nice dinner and blue & pink cupcakes. We ate outside and opened the envelope during dinner to reveal that we are having a GIRL! It was actually really fun to find out like that and I kind of want to always do it that way. After we finished Dinner, we gave Cal a cupcake with pink frosting and skyped with all of our family members to share our happy news. I was not at all disappointed, but I don't think that it had really hit me yet. When I went shopping with friends later that night, I kept wandering back to the baby boy section. As the days have passed I have become soooo excited that it is a girl. I think that we will wait a while after this one, so it is so perfect for us to have one of each. Cal still has no idea what is happening, but he loved his pink cupcake!










1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea and CONGRATS! Hang in there. I hope your puking days are over soon. :)

    ReplyDelete