Monday, May 26, 2014

Golden Birthday

So my birthday was supposed to be super lame this year because it was on the Sunday of a holiday weekend and Dal is in the middle of crazy boards studying and I mostly feel like crap all of the time. Surprise! It was actually my favorite birthday ever.

Since a couple of my friends were leaving town for the weekend, we celebrated on the strip on the Wednesday before. They spoiled me with presents and we ate ridiculous $14 frozen hot chocolate. Then we went to the forum shops and looked at baby girl clothes since that was right after I found out that I am having a little girl. I have the greatest friends here. They make Dallin's nonstop studying not so lonely and I am just going to pretend that we are not moving in a year.


I told Dallin that the only thing that I wanted for my birthday was to go camping, and camping we went! We convinced the Taylors & the Tuckers to go with us and it was such a perfect night! The weather was beautiful and it was super fun. Cal loves being outside so he was in heaven, except for we were kind of by a little cliff and he was obsessed with running right up to the edge and throwing rocks off. It was kind of scary, but I think that Dallin was a little bit thrilled because Cal is usually a wuss about most things and he kept trying to climb down the rocks. He might just be a Mitchell after all! We decided to bring the pack n' play and put Cal in his own little tent right next to where we were sleeping under the stars and it was a great decision. He slept all night long! We roasted hot dogs & s'mores and Jelissa spoiled me with birthday cupcakes.















 I didn't think that we would do much on my actual birthday since it was a Sunday and I thought that Dal would have to study. I woke up to an extremely happy baby and breakfast in bed. Dallin got me a vegetable chopper and cute skirt that he gave me before church. Cal and I were on our way home from church at noon (Dal doesn't ride home with us because he has to count tithing), and I planned on just laying around and maybe watching a show while he napped. But when I got to my house MY PARENTS WERE THERE! I have never been surprised by anything really before because I am so nosy, but I had no idea and it made me so happy! We hung around for a while so Cal could take a nap, then they took us out to dinner. The little dude was super nice at dinner and I even felt good enough to eat. Win win. We got back to our house, played some games, and watched Calvin obsess over bubbles. He really recognizes my parents now, and calls them 'yaya' and 'papa'. They left around 7 that night... literally drove for 12 hours to have dinner with me on my birthday! It was the best. Dallin took the night off of studying to play cards with me before bed. I had a superb start to 25!












1 comment:

  1. Fun! Sounds like an awesome birthday! The picture of Cal with his sippy cup is my new favorite thing.

    ReplyDelete