Sunday, July 13, 2014

Washington week 2

We have now been in Washington for 2 weeks! Dal is loving his rotation, even though he has to work 14- hour days. I had one situation this week where I was halfway home from my 45 min drive when I  had to pull over into a gas station off the freeway and lay down in my car while Cal watched a movie on my phone to wait for my dizziness to pass so that I could make it home... but for the most part I am feeling much better. I throw up still, but usually only once a day- so it is much more manageable. Cal and I had a few chill days... we went to the library one day and several parks around the base. One night we went out with some fellow med students for curry and we also had a game night with the Lameroux's. Highlights of the week included a day at Snoqualmie Falls, an evening at the farmer's market, Owen Beach, and Olympic National Park.

Calvin and I drove up to Snoqualmie Falls on Tuesday while Dallin was at work. He was super pleasant all day long and it turned out to be one of my favorite memories with him. The hike down to the bottom wasn't too hard, but it took us a little while to get back up since I am out of shape and 25 weeks pregnant... and Cal is heavy. The waterfall was breathtaking and Cal was more interested in it than I thought he would be. He mostly just loves being outside. It was a good day!







Relaxing and eating apples in my bed when we got home
Dal got off a tiny bit earlier than usual on Wednesday night, so we went to the farmer's market that they have every week down by the harbor. We walked around for a while then ate dinner by the waterfront and listened to a concert that was going on. It was a nice evening. Summertime in Washington is perfect.




On Thursday I took Cal to the 5-mile drive at Defiance Park because there are a few trails and I thought we could hike around for a little while. We came across Owen beach on the way and stopped to look around. It was really rocky, which would not be ideal for most people but Cal was in heaven! He is so obsessed with rocks- especially when he can throw them into large bodies of water. We stayed for over an hour and he had quite the meltdown when we left. We didn't end up hiking since we spent so much time at the beach, but the drive around the park was beautiful.






Saturday was most definitely my favorite day in Washington so far. We made the 3 hour drive to Olympic National Park with Patrick, Danielle, & Tristian and it was breathtaking. Seriously, it might have been one of the prettiest places that I have seen in person. I loved it. We went on a long hike. It was Cal's first time in a backpack carrier and he loved it. He didn't cry once. It was a perfect day and worth the drive!
















No comments:

Post a Comment