Sunday, August 10, 2014

WA -> SLC -> Vegas -> St. George -> Vegas

We made the drive from Washington to SLC (Dal got to come with!!) in one day and Cal was a freakin champ. He did not make a peep the whole time except for occasionally asking for a drink and yelling, "choo choo" every time we passed a train. It is kind of strange that he is better behaved in the car than out of it...

We spent a day in Salt Lake to break up the drive a bit and see my family. We hung out with my mom who had just had surgery, went to the aquarium with Braden & Kaely, spent some time with family, and met up with Annie and Curtis and their cuuuuuutest baby Robyn. Seriously- she is the cutest baby I have ever seen.
  
Cousins at the aquarium

 We had a few days in Vegas before we went to St. George since Lauren was going through the temple. Remember how we had a flood the day before we left for Washington? Our house was a disaster when we got there. Nails everywhere! Not good for a 1 year old. We spent a lot of time with friends, took Cal to see his first movie with the help of sooo much popcorn, and met baby Robker.
Seeing "Planes"
Justin, Cal & Sloane on their way to the pool

 We had a nice time in St. George for a few days! We got to go with Lauren to go through the temple for the first time... I was so happy that all of her siblings could be there! It was great. I had a little panic during lunch afterwards and thought that my water broke... we rushed to the hospital to discovery that it didn't. Haha- whoops. Perhaps my experience with Cal made me paranoid. We went straight to the cabin afterwards for Grandpa Gib's birthday party. Cal was in heaven up there and it was fun to see cousins.
The whole Mitchell Family outside of the St. George temple (minus the kids & Craig)

Ellie ate sooo much dirt and was cracking us up
Cal loves kaden & ellie



 We had to drive back to Vegas on Saturday night. Since Cal & I weren't going to Hawaii until Wed and Aubree was driving to Vegas anyway on Tuesday, Lisa convinced me to leave Cal with them for a few days so he wouldn't have to live in our construction-zone house. I kind of hated it, but I know that he had much more fun there than running billions of errands with me and trying not to step on nails at our house. Nothing to make you appreciate your baby like going 3 days without him.
All of the Mitchell cousins


And now we are in Hawaii! and it is freakin beautiful here.

No comments:

Post a Comment