Wednesday, August 20, 2014

We are still in Hawaii

Another week down here in Hawaii and it is paradise, indeed. The only reason I am a little anxious to get back is because all hell is breaking loose at our house (people calling for checks that our in our mailbox, can't do the carpet because we aren't there to move the personal items, broken refrigerator with meat in the freezer, etc). All things that would be easier to handle if we were there... but we are here, and it is lovely.

We had a shopping day where we went around to all of the shops to look around. Cal was obsessed with this weird cat and screamed when we left.

We go to the beach most days and Cal is loving the ocean more and more every time. He plays with his sand toys for a while, runs around in the waves, and says, "wa-wer" (water) when he wants me to take him further in. We only usually last about an hour there because I get too tired from chasing him around at 7 months pregnant and/or he gets too much sand in his face. It is perfect though because we don't feel the need to stay longer since we can go back the next day! When a wave knocks him down he gets back up, shakes his finger at it, and says, "no, no, no!" It cracks me right up.

Ghetto post-beach lunch at Mcdonald's with no pants





There is a pretty nice pool on the roof of our hotel. Cal is usually pretty hit or miss with swimming, but he loves this pool for some reason. We have gone there quite a few times. It is nice to have that for when I am too sick to take him down to the beach.




Dal got off a little early on Friday, so he went down to the beach with us! It is much more fun with him there. That evening we went to dinner with the residents and other medical students at this restaurant on this reeeeally cute pier. and I got a hamburger the size of my head.

The residents were all going hiking at 4 in the morning on Saturday to see the sunrise at the top of koko head. I love myself a good hike, but I was not really wanting to wake Cal up at 4, and we weren't able to bring the backpack that we have for him. I decided to go anyway because Dal had to study that evening and I wanted to spend some time with him on his day off. Not having heard anything about the hike, I read a bunch of reviews on the way there and every single one said, "do not bring children! Very steep!" Well, it was indeed very steep (we might not have thought so if I wasn't so pregnant/Dal didn't have to carry an extra 27 pounds). Calvin was a dream all morning and Dal was a rockstar to carry him on his shoulders the entire way. The view at the top was worth it! Not that we got to enjoy it fully... we were mostly trying to not let Cal fall off of a cliff. I was really glad that we ended up going. We went to breakfast with the residents after and Cal did awesome... perhaps I should always wake him up at 4 in the morning.










One of the interns who we met at dinner the other night had a little boy Calvin's age and his wife is also pregnant with a girl. They invited us over for dinner on Sunday and were so incredibly nice. It was fun for Cal to play with toys and run around since he has lived in a hotel for 2 months! We stopped at Pali lookout on the way and it was beautiful (and windy!).





When we went to the beach on Monday there turned out to be a surfing competition. So we played in the sand and ate cookies. I will probably be finding sand in Cal's rolls until next year.



We have another week and a half until we go home. I think I am going to be ready... we haven't been at our house for longer than a week since May! Plus, being home means I am that much closer to meeting our baby girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment