Sunday, May 17, 2015

Havasupai!

We had the most incredible vacation with my family to Havasupai the first week that Dal finished school. I was reallllly panicked to leave Mae, especially after she wouldn't take a bottle the day before. But all turned out OK, she didn't starve to death, and Lisa and Dennis loved having her and I am glad they got to bond with her and cal so much before we move to Washington. 

We left really early on Wednesday morning. The hike in was really fun! It was 8 miles and mostly downhill. It was sooo beautiful- I loved it!!


We stayed in a lodge in the city of Supai. It was an interesting little place. We changed our clothes after resting for a minute and walked a couple of miles down to Navajo Falls. They were so pretty and I seriously could not believe how blue the water was. The water was warm and they were perfect for swimming. It was such a great time. After we got back we ate a the little restaurant there and played cards.









The day we spent all day at the other 2 falls, which were 3 miles away. We went to Mooney falls first. The hike included some climbing down rocks and ladders. It was a cool hike and for sure the prettiest of the falls (although I thought Navajo was the most fun to swim in). It had a little rope swing was fun and we explored down there for a while.

















After stopping for fried bread for lunch, we moved on to Havasu falls. This one was a little more crowded and it got a bit cold, but we had a lot of fun there walking around. On our way back we swam at Navajo Falls again and I cliff jumped (twice!), which is significant because I am a bit of a wuss.



The next morning we rode horses out to the top. They were actually really fun except for the part where Steph got thrown off... I felt really bad about that. 

I was so so so excited to see my babies when I got back, but it was seriously the greatest trip. Dal and I had so much fun with my family. Hiking, pretty scenery and fabulous people= my idea vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment