Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Surprise Baby Shower!

This is my second baby... so I insisted to my friends that they not throw me a baby shower. It had been months since anyone had mentioned it... so it was not at all on my radar. We had been planning on having a girl's night at Amy's house on the Wednesday before Dal came home. When the day came I was pretty hesitant about going because I had just switched Cal over to a toddler bed and that would mean I would have to have him sleep in the pack n' play, then wake him up in the middle of the night to drive home- plus, I had already done that twice that week and Cal seemed to wake up too early on those days. I had planned on bailing, but decided against it because we hadn't seen anyone all day... and having Dal gone for so long was getting lonely.

I came to girl's night in my pajamas and no makeup :) I walked into Amy's house and turned the corner to all of my friends! It was the happiest surprise. I was so, so, grateful! It was decorated so cute, I wouldn't expect anything less from Brenna, Lindsey, and Amy. Cal looooves Amy, her baby, and her dog. He got really excited as we were walking in, but he wasn't as happy about the surprise as I was. He was an angel baby though, and went to bed really well- he slept through the whole shower. 

I got so many gifts for baby girl. They also had materials to make headbands and they turned out adorable. She is going to be one stylish baby. It kind of hit me just at the shower that I am really having a new tiny baby and made me really anxious to meet her! Feeling super spoiled and grateful.












Moral of the story... my friends rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment