Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Calvin turns FOUR

I am certain that I won't be able to write anything about Calvin that will even touch how sweet of a boy he is or how special he is to us. I am not even just saying this- I cannot even think of one time he threw a fit the entire year he was 3. He is so kind and thoughtful. We are not quite sure how he got that way but I feel so lucky (honored, really) to be his mom.

At age 4, Calvin...
-Hates when people are sad. If he thinks I am even a tiny bit down, he will tell me he loves me a million times, give me hugs, and suggest we go get a Diet Coke. He also doesn't like Mae to be sad either. He is actually turning Mae into the worst sharer ever because he is  so good at sharing with her that she thinks that is how the world works.
-He asks me how I slept every morning and asks how I am doing throughout the day. So thoughtful.
-He loves playing with his friends. He is in heaven here on the base in Savannah because there are kids his age running around all of the time. 
-He started preschool this year and is thriving there. His school (Eli's Place) is so cute + is in this really cool church downtown. His teacher (Ms. Heather) could not say enough good things about him at his PTC.
-His favorite things are pizza, riding his balance bike, playing uno, going to the beach, 
-He is so good at making friends and gets along with most other kids. His best friends in Washington are Ezra, Quinley, the Marlatt boys, Tristan, and Benson. His best friends in Georgia are Navy, Ellen & Owen, Jacob, Jackson and Josh.
-Shares a room with Mae + they love it. He is a superb sleeper. Just barely stopped wearing  a pull up at night.
-Just decided to like swimming. He hated it so much until this past summer, and once he decided to like it we couldn't keep him out of the water.
-He wants to be a pilot when he grows up

I am just over here wishing he would never grow up.







































































For his birthday we were in Washington, D.C. We went to the National Zoo with the Nelsons, ate Mcdonald's for dinner then had a Dairy Queen ice cream cake in the hotel room. He loved it. 



And here is an ugly crying face picture of me because I really wanted Calvin to stay 3. 


No comments:

Post a Comment