Saturday, January 21, 2017

Christmastime in Savannah


The best part of December this year was that my mom decided to spontaneously spend a weekend with us. The kids and I were sooo happy (and Dal was sick). We went downtown, to forsyth park, and saw the lights at the botanical gardens. It was the best. 










The worst part of December was potty training Mae. She showed all of the signs of being ready and it is going horribly. Ok, it's going fine. but I still hate it.

We did a lot of other fun, festive things in December. I made a real effort to start traditions of our own since this was the first year spending Christmas by ourselves.
The boat parade on river street with the Taylors

Putting up our tiny, real Christmas tree
Visiting St. John's Cathedral with Erica + Reese 

Wear your pajamas to school day! They ate popcorn and watched the polar express
Bass Pro Shops santa. Cal asked for binoculars + Mae asked for candy

Making brownies on a sunday
Christmas neighbor gifts
Girls night out with ward friends

Love getting Christmas cards
Homemade gingerbread house

Stroller mom group Christmas party. All of these ladies live on my street!
St. John's Cathedral + hot chocolate date with my family. It was so beautifully decorated for Christmas!! I still love downtown Savannah








December was a mix of really happy times creating new traditions, and lonely hard days. I had adjusted to Savannah so well but then it kind of hit me all at once in December for some reason. I am doing much better now and we really do love it here in Savannah. Grateful for my little family who seem to love me even when I am an emotional mess :)






No comments:

Post a Comment